An online Bible reading guide:
- published by Scripture Union Canada
- powered by the Canadian Bible Society
- aiming to connect our stories with God’s Story
- inviting transformational encounters with Jesus Christ
- emphasizing the biblical narrative
- utilizing a chronological Bible reading plan
- structured around the 3R’s methodology – Reading, Reflection, Response
- involving a distinctive partnership and collaboration of writers
- written for a trans-denominational global audience
- geared primarily for young adults but suitable for adults of all ages
- featuring a flexible and shareable format
- unpacking the whole Bible in 4-5 years
- incorporating unique networking and promotional features
- designed for the addition of reading guides in multiple languages
- encouraging you to “write yourself” into it
theStory™ is a chronological Bible reading guide that emphasizes the biblical narrative. It is a free online resource. The writers are leading teachers, preachers and authors gifted with theological expertise, creative talent, and spiritual maturity.
theStory™ is a powerful expression of Christian unity, invites transformational encounters with Christ, draws together individuals and communities, facilitates pilgrimage to new places and insights, encourages biblical reflection, inspires meaningful living, and contributes to the health and well-being of the church.
theStory ™ employs the Scripture Union Canada threefold Bible study methodology called the 3R’s. The 3R’s are reading (Scripture text), reflection (commentary on the text), and response (prayer birthed from the text). The 3R’s help people engage, internalize and incarnate the Word of God.
Our hope and prayer is that theStory™ will enable you to enter into a different world and see yourself in a different light, that is, to know God, and through knowing Him, share His view of the world.